Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mid-Summer Update


Hey,


It is now mid-way throught the summer. I hope everyone is having a lovely time being away from school. I am making my way through a challenging summer course but it is giving me all sorts of great ideas for teaching. I hope to use much of what I am learning in the new school year. I have another 2 weeks to go before I am finished as it is a six-week online course in Physics from Queen's University.


The weather is fantastic today. Another perfect day and I have already been out biking in the Don Valley. That trail is a wonderful resource to be a part of. If you haven't been in it recently, take a bike, or the dog or just you alone and walk in there. It is beautiful and very peaceful. We are so lucky to have such a pristine (if you can call it that) watershed right in our backyards. Here's a picture from my backyard. The tigerlilies are just about finished. We had a bunch in bloom over the past few weeks.


In terms of the next Sharkwater event, I have changed my mind a little and am thinking in another location closer to Toronto with a different focus. I will keep you posted. I will be neededing volunteers likely so if you are interested, watch this space.


I hope the summer is passing you by slowly as it is for me. I'll speak to you all soon.
Take care and be well.
D
PS: I wanted to but never did properly thank Mr. J. Coyle for his help raising awareness about the Sharkwater event. His article in the Toronto Star was excellent and helped to bring many people to the event. Thank you Mr. Coyle.

No comments: